The following reminder should help get you off to a good start.
Recyclables that are accepted throughout Denver include:
Clean aluminum, such as cans, foil, pie plates, trays, and soda cans-please rinse them.
Glass bottles and jars-again, please rinse. No caps or lids.
Steel and empty aerosol cans (we have bins for these downstairs near the Shop, along with bins for batteries and hazardous materials.)
- no punctures, no caps or lids
- paper labels are ok
Plastic bottles and jars
- neck of the bottle must be smaller than the bottom, or have a screw-on lid
- NO LIDS-these must go in trash. Paper labels are okay, but remove plastic labels.
- cannot be wax coated
- pieces no larger than 2 feet x 2 feet
Brown paper bags
Office paper and junk mail
- staples, paper clips, stamps, tape, and sticky notes are OK
- plastic windows in envelope are OK
- no fluorescent colors, plastic wrappers, or Tyvek envelopes
Magazines, catalogs, and phone books
This list and more information can be found at Denver Government’s website http://www.denvergov.org/recres/AcceptedMaterials/tabid/434504/Default.aspx